Monday, December 9, 2013

BORN TO LOVE


Thank you so much for letting me visit with you to chat about BORN TO LOVE, the latest release in THE CALLING/REBORN paranormal romantic suspense series.

It’s hard for me to believe that it’s been nearly 10 years since the first book in the series, DARKNESS CALLS.

It’s also been that long since the first appearance of FBI Agent Diana Reyes and vampire Ryder Latimer.

When I first sold the series, vampire fiction wasn't as hot as it is today.  It actually took me about two years to sell the first book because I heard time and time again, “No one is reading about vampires.”

But on top of that, I never envisioned the series as just a series about vampires.  I love suspense and THE CALLING/REBORN definitely had a healthy dose of suspense in each of the stories.  It's been a lot of fun for me, and hopefully readers, to get a mix of human baddies and underworld monsters.  Although sometimes the humans can be worse monsters than the vampires and other demons.

To sell the series, I also had to change the plan that I had for what would happen with the two main characters, Diana and Ryder.  Some might question why I did it, but it allowed me to get the series published and grow.  Now I'm lucky that I can finally explore their relationship in the way I wanted.

How is that?

For starters, I wanted to show how two very different people faced with almost impossible choices can not only fall in love, but manage to keep that love alive through assorted challenges.

Those challenges are what I had originally wanted to explore and now, with the new stories in the series, I can allow their relationship to grow and see how Diana and Ryder handle some really difficult choices, from Diana dying to everyday things like getting married.

Of course, with Diana and Ryder, not even getting married is an every day kind of thing.
In addition to Diana and Ryder’s relationship and the suspense in each story, I love mixing in romances between the supporting characters.

In BORN TO LOVE, it’s time for Diana’s FBI buddies, Dr. Maggie Gonzalez and Special Agent David Harris, to overcome their own obstacles to hopefully find their happily-ever-after.


Thank you for letting me visit with you and thanks to all of you for taking a moment to find out more about BORN TO LOVE and THE CALLING/REBORN vampire novel series.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting me visit with you! I so appreciate it! This is a series of my heart and I'm very happy to be able to continue with it.

    ReplyDelete